Course Objectives and Syllabus
To learn about ISO/IEC 17025 from one of its original authors. To learn its Principles and what it requires of laboratory staff.
This Training Course applies to testing and calibration laboratories and regulatory agencies seeking to specify 17025 within their policies and regulations.
For all laboratory staff who
· Manage the laboratory
· Participate in the operation of the laboratory quality system
· Conduct tests or calibrations
· Train laboratory staff
This Online Training Course examines structural components of the standard. See the syllabus below. Quality system and technical requirements are grouped in a manner that makes them clear and understandable.
Technical considerations include traceability of measurement and estimations of uncertainty. Quality system discussions include easy-to-understand approaches (with sample forms provided) for continual improvement, application of risk-based approaches, and handling of customer feedback.
The course contains extensive reference to common accreditation body interpretations and implementation guidance documents from ILAC, APLAC, VIM, and CITAC.
Background and Principles
· The scope of lab operations
· Understanding competence
· Principles behind ISO/IEC 17025
Basic Technical Requirements
· Technical Component Overview
· QA and QC
· Acquiring and manipulating samples
· Demonstrating competence in results
Laboratory QMS Requirements
· Management structure
· Impartiality and Confidentiality
· Control of Documents and Records
· Selling Competence
· Buying Competence and Conformance
Laboratory Continual Improvement
· The Seven sources of issues
· Addressing deviations
Internal Audit and Management Review